AVSA Library Introduction
The AVSA Library is a great resource for learning about African Violets. The AVSA Library offers many educational programs on CDs and DVDs. Each year the AVSA Convention and Show is documented on DVD available for purchase. The DVD contains photographs and a narrated tour of the best in show horticulture exhibits, best in show designs and publications. The AVSA library continues on its mission to create original educational materials in conjunction with experts in the field of African violets as well as some of the best amateur growers of African violets and related plants.
(above) Anne Nicholas, Library Chair, grooms her entries at the AVSA Convention in Austin, TX
Anne Nicholas, AVSA Library Chair, is the writer of the annual library message for the African Violet Magazine (AVM).
by Anne Nicholas, Library Chair
AVSA has a new product available! The 2014 Convention DVD, “Violet Pickin’ in Tennessee,” is now available in the AVSA Store. This DVD includes six sections for club and individual use:
- A great show overview of best in class winners and all the top award winners in both the horticulture and design divisions of the 2014 show. Wow!
- A presentation of all the new introductions during 2014. Viewers will see what our hybridizers are offering up as new hybrids. Start a want list now!
- A special section on the Convention DVD is a tour of Nashville’s Holtkamp Greenhouses, the premier world-wide commercial producer of African violets. The show has a labeled photo tour of the huge Holtkamp facilities. This tour would make an awesome addition to a club meeting during either its program time or social time.
- Meet and hear directly from the winners! The Convention DVD from the 2013 AVSA show included a short interview with Ben Haning, the top winner of that show. That interview section has been expanded this year to include:
- Sandy Skalski, best in show winner,
- Debbie McInnis, second best in show winner,
- Dolores Gibbs, best in show design winner.
|Anne Nicholas, AVSA Convention, Raleigh NC||AVSA Library committee members Andrea Worrell & Richard Nicholas|