Tinari Endowment and Legacy Society
Tinari Endowment Fund
The Anne and Frank Tinari Endowment Fund, established in 2006 and named for long-time society leaders, was created for the purpose of ensuring the long-term financial stability of the African Violet Society of America. The endowment will provide a stream of income restricted to support and enhance the operations of AVSA.
Individuals, clubs, and businesses may donate to the Tinari Fund. All donations become part of the fund which is invested under the direction of the AVSA Finance Committee in secure investments for the benefit of AVSA.
What is an endowment fund?
Simply put, an endowment fund is like a savings account or a retirement fund. Through a variety of efforts, the AVSA board plans to raise money to build the Tinari Fund to an initial goal of an ambitious $500,000. Carefully invested, the Tinari Fund will earn interest to secure the future of AVSA. The additional revenue earned this way can be used to increase services or prevent the need for future dues increases and to cover rising costs.
You are invited to invest in the Tinari Fund and earn tax deductions now or in the future. The African Violet Society of America, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Here are some investment options for you to consider:
- Make a donation through this website.
- Send a donation, designated for the Tinari Fund, to the AVSA Office, 2375 North Street, Beaumont TX 77702
- Remember AVSA in your will, designating a specific amount, a percentage of your estate, or the remainder after provisions for your loved ones.
- Name AVSA as a beneficiary of a life insurance policy, a retirement fund or a bank account.
AVSA Legacy Society
- The Legacy Society is an honorary designation for generous donors.
- Donors who donate $1000 or more, or who make a commitment to donate $1000 in the future via a financial instrument, will be admitted to the AVSA Legacy Society.
- Details of gifts are confidential. All members of the Legacy Society will be recognized annually in the African Violet Magazine and at the AVSA National Convention and Show.
We will be pleased to discuss any options that interest you; however legal council may be required in the preparation of some of the investment instruments described. Contact the AVSA office at 409-839-4725, 2375 North Street, Beaumont TX 77702, firstname.lastname@example.org or Joyce Stork, Tinari Endowment Fund Advancement Chair at email@example.com, 402-721-1478, 2501 E. 23rd Ave. S, Fremont NE 68025.